Other Great Places to Check Out.
Check out Basic’s unrivaled bulk selection. Our Bulk aisle contains all kinds of everyday healthy selections such as: Fresh grains, gourmet nuts and nut mixes, granolas, trail mixes, snack mixes, flours, seeds, beans, and many more smart delicious food choices.
We offer full bulk size cases of our bulk products you just can’t get enough of. Ask an employee to help you with your special order.
Looking for something we don’t carry? We care about getting our customers what they want; so you can count on us to do our very best to find the product you’re looking for and bring into the store.
Great reasons to shop Bulk
- • Shopping Bulk is a great way to save money and receive discounts.
- • Go Green- Significantly less plastic and paper is used for packaging of bulk products.
- • Get the amount you want for a change. Not too much or too little, you’re in control of the quantity when you shop bulk
- • Sample before you purchase. Are you a little unsure of a product you’re interested in? Just ask an employee for your free sample.
- • Co-op Members get a 10% discount off of every case.
Visit the Smoothie Bar
Tired of caffeine-loaded "energy drinks" that take you from jittery to crashing? Stop by the Smoothie Bar at Basics and order a revitalizing, energy-boosting smoothie made with natural ingredients that will keep you going for the rest of the day. We offer a variety of smoothies to fit your needs. Choose from fruit juice, dairy or alternative milk options; yogurt and frozen fruits; supplements and add-ins for health and variety.
Enjoy a Basics original Smoothie of the Month- we feature fresh new recipes every month for only $1.50 on Super Tuesdays and $2.00 the rest of the month!
What ever your health focus is, the Basic’s smoothie bar has got you covered. From high protein smoothies for after a workout to smoothies with ginseng for when you need a boost in the afternoon; Basic’s provides a plethora of all great tasting Organic or Natural Whenever Whatever smoothies. Want something that’s not on our menu? Challenge our smoothie makers to make your custom smoothie perfect. You won’t be disappointed.
Basics carries all sorts of Housewares that are earth friendly and sustainable as well. We offer items like Stainless Steel Water Bottles, Bakeware and Lunch Boxes, Glass Storage Containers and Pitchers, Bamboo Dish Towels and Steamers, along with hard to find utensils, tea strainers, mortar and pestles, sushi rollers, and redwood chopsticks! You'll even find water purifying products and filters for your home use, along with eco friendly batteries, reusable Chico Bags, and BPA free drinking bottles for adults and children. We are always on the lookout for new products that will be gentle on the earth and your pocketbook, but well made, fun, and unique. We love to support local as well as Fair Trade companies, which is why we feature Venus Imports products (skirts, silk scarves, handbags, etc.), and handmade hats by Diane VanHorn. Have fun purusing our Housewares section, and let us know of anything you would like to see us carry--we're always open to suggestions!
Luncheon Area & Community Room with Free WI-FI
The Basics Community Room is conveniently located near the front entrance of the store. It can accommodate up to 75 guests, and includes use of free wifi, t.v. with dvd and tape player, large dry-erase board with easel, stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave, sink, assorted tables and approximately 40 chairs. Click here to download the full Community Room policy and Application.
Visit the Juice Bar
Why Organic Wheatgrass Juice?
- -At least 20 amino acids
- -2% protein
- -Over 80 active enzymes, including chlorophyll and bioflavonoids
- -Vitamins C, E, A, B1, B2, B3, B6, K, Choline, and Folic Acid
- -Numerous minerals and trace minerals including Zinc, Potassium, Calcium, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Selenium, and Boron
- -Essential Fatty Acids Linolenic and Linoleic Acids
Why drink it?
- -One "shot" of wheatgrass contains the nutritional equivalent of 2.2-3lbs. of fresh vegetables!
- -Chlorophyll helps rebuild and oxygenate blood, heal infected wounds
- -Neutralizes toxins, cleanses the liver and colon
- -Promotes T-Cell production
- -Chelates out heavy metals
- -Protects from low-level background radiation
- -Stimulates the immune system through antibody production
Stop by the Produce counter at Basics for more information and a made-to-order organic wheatgrass shot!(Info taken from "Wheatgrass: Nature's Finest Medicine," "Juice Fasting & Detoxification," by Steve Meyerowitz)